Thursday, November 15, 2007

Disposible VS Cloth Diapers.


Okay, I had a thought the other day, that would I try something new with this baby. I googled cloth diapers, found how cute they are now. I researched the pros and the cons all of course leaded me to believe(for a nano second) that I wanted to use cloth diapers. They are apparently better for baby, safer for the environment and can save you a ton of money. I was brought back to reality when I saw the huge pile of laundry at home. I always have a huge pile of laundry. Okay, on occasion we will actually go to the laundry mat and do every stitch of laundry we may have, so I can get caught up. Then I will get home and the kids will change into Jammie's and I have another pile of clothes laughing at me, mocking me, screaming HA--you thought you were done. So, needless to say. I do not want another unnecessary load of laundry. I am sorry. It was a good thought. I just cannot do it. Plus one cloth diaper is at least $15.95 yikes ONE diaper how is that saving money, when nursing newborns go through between 8-10 diapers a day. If I remember correctly.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Hey Nicole, when I was younger my mom would buy yards of flannel and then we would cut them into big squares, about a yard each, and then just sew around the edges. Then we would do this really cool fold and, ta-da, it looked like a diaper (most of the time!) That would be a cheaper way. If you're really serious about cloth diapers, I've also heard of diapers services where they deliver new clean diapers to your door and they take the dirty ones away and wash them for you. I don't know if that is a for real business or not and I'm not really sure it would be cheaper than disposable or just doing it yourself but, hey, you pay for what is worth being paid for, right. Good luck on making a decision!