Friday, February 15, 2008

BOY MODE


Okay, since there is a boy in my future, I decided to start getting in that mode....My whole life I have just been surrounded by girls, except for my husband of course...Over these next few months, you will be seeing a lot more boy stuff as I gear up for this new adventure...we call boy.....Thank goodness, I have a wonderful husband who not only loves girls, but is a boy, so he can coach me thru this. I really do not know why, but not only am I excited for a boy, I am really having a hard time grasping that I AM HAVING A BOY. When we go shopping, I try to go glance at the boy stuff and then I see cute girl things and want to get those....This could be a problem......My experience so far is baby boy stuff, is just not as fun.....On the other hand Jarrod is having so much fun looking at boy stuff. Little micro tennis shoes, sporty things. Hats etc....Now I know how he feels when we by stuff for the girls....He supportive, but its just not fun for him.....although he fakes it well....After a eleven years of walking the girls isles in the toy and clothes section, he is finally in his element....Super heroes, Trucks, Car, BOY STUFF!! I really think he is the best dad. He has toughened up my girls, and also dressed their Barbie's........Jarrod has taken the girls fishing, hiking and to their many girls activities and has loved every moment of it...however, he needs a boy too....There is just to much girl at our house. We tried to get two dogs that were boys to compensate for the lack of boy ness in our house, but then the dogs were dressed up.....ughh...Poor Jarrod he has fallen asleep and woken up with his nails painted... and we kindo forgot to tell him and he went to work with it and did not notice till later in the day....Thank goodness he took the ribbing from his co-workers, and was not mad at us......He is a wonderful dad, and husband...We are looking forward to our new little addition, and our new adventure......

1 comment:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Well, I only have boys, but I can tell you that they are a lot of fun. You're going to love it!