Thursday, October 25, 2007

Calligraphy

I took these pointer's from Oh happy day's Website. I am trying to teach myself calligraphy, and although fun it is very challenging.
It has nothing to do with handwriting. {I have good handwriting so I thought I would be good at calligraphy, not true!} Calligraphy is closer to drawing than handwriting.-It isn't imperative to have expensive materials, just the right ones. The pen and nib my teacher uses costs only a few dollars. -Calligraphy is really hard. It takes months and months of daily practice before you get even kind of good.I had bought calligraphy books before thinking I could learn myself from a book. As it turns out there are very few good books out there. If you want to learn on your own, the best thing to do is to take a one time class from a master who can tell you what books to buy and show you the proper form before you start practicing on your own.

No comments: